Section Leader (Days or Nights)
Section Leader – (JJ-P4070)
Salary £20k - £24k + £3k shift allowance – Nottinghamshire
Our client, a Leading International Manufacturer of Fresh Prepared Foods is looking to appoint a Section Leader for their site based in Nottinghamshire. As a company that values and nurtures the talent of their people, there are excellent career opportunities within the group for individuals that show aptitude and talent.
The site employs over 1000 people and supplies almost all of the major retailers so this is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the premium, fast-moving chilled foods sector.
The successful applicant will be required to manage section teams to follow the plan, manufacture safely to the required quality standards, achieve the target productivity and operate to the required standards of GMP.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a safe working environment for all employees in their area by supporting and enforcing standards as set out in the SHE policy.
- Ensuring teams are performing to quality standards.
- Managing performance and attendance of the team.
- Carrying out necessary administrative tasks and producing data / reports as required.
- Managing improvement activities including KPIs.
- Ensuring that their team are correctly deployed and are performing to set standards.
- Ensuring mechanisms are in place and supported to provide effective communication.
Essential skills / experience include:
- 1st or 2nd People Management experience
- Knowledge of technical processes/standards
- Customer Awareness/Service, Performance Management
- Safety & Environment (IOSH Managing Safely), Multi-disciplinary teams
- The company are an international business who are true partners with the Top Grocery Retail Leaders
- The company’s core values are Customer Care, Can-Do Attitude, Teamwork, Innovation, Getting it Right/ Keeping it Right
- Their vision is to be recognised and respected as the world’s leading fresh prepared foods provider. They aim to drive profitable growth with a clearly defined strategy
- Setting the industry benchmark for safety, quality, service and innovation through the talent and commitment of their people
The role attracts a salary of £20k - £27k per annum and benefits include excellent discounts (in the on-site staff shop) on many of the chilled products produced at sister sites around the UK, which can result in significant savings on your grocery bill!
If you are reliable, flexible and professional at all times and have the necessary skills then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4070 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.