- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our client based in Wiltshire is recruiting a Category Manager to join their food manufacturing business. In this unique role where category sets the business agenda, you will be customer facing and work for a business that is industry leading, and in return, you will be joining a business where your career can grow & flourish, in an environment that encourages people to be the very best of themselves.
Reporting into the Head of Category, you will be working as part of a high profile team within a business where category insight drives the business agenda. Supplying the major multiples, in a category that is in double digit growth, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that long term relationships are maintained with customers in a role where innovation and category insight is equally as important as data analysis. Getting consumed in numbers doesn't drive growth alone, understanding the consumer, looking at innovation and pushing boundaries is the key, and in this role you will get the chance to do it all.
- Your main responsibility in this role is drive the business agenda to ensure growth to the business year on year, as well as category growth in all key measures.
- Full accountability for 2 - 3 accounts who are major supermarkets.
- Deliver category reviews as well as insight both internally and to the customers.
- Data Interpretation through Nielson, Kantar, Dunnhumby as well as loyalty card data.
- Work with the Commercial and NPD Teams to ensure full alignment in the direction of the category / business.
The Successful Candidate
- Working within an FMCG business is essential as well as having worked within Category Management.
- A proven track record in presenting to the major multiples.
- The ability to understand a huge amount of data and then being able to translate this into recommendations is essential.
And personality is just as important in this business as the experience you have. You need to be open, honest, a great communicator, confident, a self-starter, have strong leadership skills but all with a sense of fun. Working within food manufacturing is a highly pressurised environment, with tight time scales so you need to be organised and manage people's expectations as well as delivering to your customers and the business.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 plus benefits
Job Reference: JR11113
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect.