This position offers the opportunity to join a successful business and play a pivotal role in advancing the business further.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Lead a soft fruit procurement team sourcing fruit to a sales value of £150 million
- Lead long term strategic relationship with the Commercial Director & their team and our overseas partners
- Develop long term supply & demand plans in conjunction with the Sales Director – the best proprietary varieties year round, an industry leading service and efficient supply chain
- Where necessary, develop other aligned overseas growers
- Lead the procurement, tendering of and contract for other goods and services as required by the business.
- Be well connected with trade bodies, professional associations and grower groups – both in the UK and overseas.
- Represent the business commercially both on overseas visits with clients and visits from overseas growers to the UK.
- Developing team members with meaningful PDP’s whilst having a clear succession plan in place at all times.
- Delivery of the procurement demand as defined by sales plans and budget.
- Define requirements for counter season production in alignment with the overall strategy, technical and welfare standards.
- Exercise due care and diligence in appointment of tenders
- Lead the Buying functions within the business
- Other ad hoc duties when required.
PERSON SPECIFICATION / KEY COMPETANCIES
- Graduate or Graduate calibre.
- Extensive experience working in a comparable role in FMCG. Experience in produce is essential.
- Exemplary professionalism and integrity.
- Resilient and resourceful. Imaginative in creating solutions to the industries challenges and determined in delivery of them.
- Ability to relate to key personnel and supplier personnel in a professional and credible fashion.
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills.
- Ability to delegate effectively and follow-up as appropriate.
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries.
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests.
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required.
- Good IT skills
Spanish language would be useful but not essential
Apply today for further information.
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.