Production Manager responsibilities:
Working on a continental shift pattern, the Production Manager will own and drive excellent operational shift performance across the department through effective leadership, ensuring optimum utilisation of resources, prioritised to deliver and exceed targets in Health and Safety, OEE, Line efficiency, Quality and Cost. Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and driving the standards necessary to meet/exceed the standards of Health, Safety and hygiene.
- Prioritising labour levels to ensure the lines are resourced safely with the right skills.
- Ensuring that stretching process targets are met through KPI's.
- Identifying improvement opportunities within the production area and address them.
- Understanding the causes of production inefficiencies.
- Ensuring proper manufacturing SOP's are developed and adhered to.
- Working closely with Engineering to ensure responsive focus on key assets.
- Ensuring that effective handovers are carried out and that communication with Planning, Technical and Engineering is clear, concise and action driven at all times.
- Delivering business initiatives on behalf of the management team.
- Ensuring compliance to all BRC and customer requirements.
- Communication of key business issues and more local team specific information.
- Ensuring that all team members are trained and assessed for their positions.
- Liaising with HR and line manager to highlight current and possible future IR issues.
- Ensuring that Company/Union agreements are monitored and implemented.
- Completing absence reviews within the company guidelines.
- Responsibility for first line disciplinary and grievance issues arising on the shift.
The ideal Production Manager:
To be successful for this role, you will need proven experience working within a Production Management role in a Manufacturing environment - ideally within a food environment. You will be ideally educated to degree level and be able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills. You will also need:
- Ability to motivate and develop teams and individuals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill with the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Experience of successfully leading and managing change programmes.
- Proven ability to deliver against KPI's.
- Excellent problem solving skills - proactive in recommending and implementing actions to solve issues or improve ways of working.
- To be a Team player with a positive and resilient personality