PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Production Shift Manager
Location: Central Scotland
Shifts: Morning and Back Shifts
This highly progressive and innovative food manufacturer supply high quality products to the major retailers, and due to recent expansion now have a vacancy for an experienced Production Shift Manager to manage a team of Operatives and Team Leaders, focusing on delivering optimum performance whilst driving continuous improvements.
This role is to provide operational management, and through good leadership create a culture of good manufacturing practices and continuous improvement, whilst giving direction to the daily activities carried out on shift.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define standards of performance including any quantitative targets that must be achieved. Set operational objectives to ensure all company targets and expectations are met
- Deliver a disciplined, structured and all-embracing approach to quality management.
- Create a working environment where all team members take ownership for all Health and Safety matters within the department
- Develop a culture within the production department where emphasis is placed on good manufacturing practices, ensuring that all company hygiene requirements are both met and excelled upon.
- Promote the complete, timely and accurate recording of all relevant production data on both paper and IT based systems
- To be responsible for the setting of targets for the Team Leaders. Create an environment where the management and development of people contribute to the achievement of organisational effectiveness, which not only meets the employee’s needs but also creates opportunities where their skills and abilities are developed.
- Create and support a robust framework of communication where two way systems are in place to improve the effectiveness of the department and company operation.
- Assume the role of Deputy Production Manager when required
- Experience working within the food industry as a Shift Manager is essential.
- Flexible towards working hours
- Strong people management
- Continuous Improvement. 6 sigma / Lean Manufacturing (desirable)
- Good Manufacturing Practice
- Ability to drive process improvement
- Ability to manage staff to policies and procedures
Apply for PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly