Planner - Bradgate Bakery
Bradgate Bakery, part of the highly respected Samworth Brothers group, one of Leicestershire’s biggest food manufacturing companies, has a Planner career opportunity to join our expanding Beaumont Leys bakery in Leicester. We offer a competitive salary with yearly pay reviews and an extensive benefits package, as well as an excellent work life balance. Our working environment is supportive and encourages our people to develop and gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential.
About Us - Bradgate Bakery is a fast paced, highly reputable family business that is heavily expanding and continually evolving. We produce sandwiches, wraps, prepared salads, pasta pots, stir-fry and sauces, grain pouches and many other chilled foods for a leading UK retailer. Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and with over 1500 employees, we are a major employer in Leicester. Continuous investment in our people and our facilities has enabled our business to grow into one of the UK's largest sandwich manufacturers with an enviable reputation for quality, consistency and innovation in a fast-moving market.
Planner - The Role
The successful Planner will play a critical role within the Planning Department - you will be responsible for the testing and implementation of the new Planning/Scheduling System(s) at Bradgate Bakery and will become the post implementation expert and trouble shooter. Responsibilities will include;
- Testing the new Scheduling System; working closely with the Software developers and feeding back any issues in a timely manner for a quick resolution
- Supplying and checking any Master Data and Line performance data
- Building into the system the rules regarding cleans; order and allergens
- Generally ensuring the system reflects the constraints and efficiencies of the Production Lines
- On-going planning support to the team in the old system and post go live in the new system
- Review daily production plans to ensure schedules have been planned the most Labour efficient whilst maintaining technical standards for the business and maintaining vehicle out loading times to ensure 100% customer service
- Contribute to the businesses labour targets through the production plans
- Ensure line schedules reflect Material stock hold and ability to make
Planner - The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications;
- Planning experience gained from within the chilled food manufacturing industry
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influential skills
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to prioritise and proactively manage multiple tasks whilst able to plan ahead
- Driven, positive and friendly character who is analytical and thinks out of the box - always encouraging continuous improvement, proactive in approach, and can manage change
- Highly numerate & literate, with advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Excel (able to create spreadsheets, formulas, pivot tables, Visual Basics (Macro’s), Access, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint.
- Experience of using Evolve/SAP/ Lawson/Microsoft Dynamics AX (formerly Axapta ) would be advantageous
- Ability to interrogate a planning system and identify inefficient and impractical processes, options and scenarios within current packaging format on site
- Full driving licence with the willingness to work flexibly
Planner - Working Hours
This is a full time, permanent position, 40 hours a week Monday – Friday 10am – 6.30pm.
Planner - The Rewards
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with a competitive annual salary, retirements saving plan, non contractual; profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.
This is a fantastic career opportunity – you will be joining an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable 4th generation family business that is expanding and continually evolving.
Interested? Email your up–to-date CV today!