Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7
Purpose of the role:-
Quality controlling of cut flowers on intake, packing and out loading to ensure all products are to our customer & Internal specifications.
To identify and develop continuous improvements in all quality associated areas.
Main roles and responsibilities:-
- To inspect/assess incoming raw material according to the intake procedures and document / report all findings.
- Temperature checking of product and actions in accordance with Temperature Procedure.
- To identify non-conforming product and agree corrective actions with internal functions.
- To fully complete and send supplier reports within agreed time scales, with supportive photographs and details for claim.
- Responsible to ensure claims are reflective of the raw material specification.
- Support the business when surveyor (loss adjuster) is required to assess loads.
- Identify ways to reduce claims from supply base & follow up on corrective action.
- To perform stock re-evaluations as requested through stock age requests.
Production / Positive Release
- To inspect/assess the quality, labelling and product integrity prior to being dispatched to the customer.
- Agreeing any corrective actions with relevant functions and follow up with subsequent assessment
- To assist team leaders in quality training & development according to customer specifications
- To undertake & develop audits to improve site protocols & standards
- Follow up any non-compliance with corrective actions
Conduct calibration in regards to site requirements
- Previous experience in a quality assurance/control role is beneficial (experience within the flower industry would be an advantage).
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Attention to detail