NPD and Technical Co-ordinator
NPD and Technical Co-ordinator
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
Hours of Work: 40 hours
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- First line of contact for the retailer NPD and technical functions.
- To manage all NPD projects from initial customer proposal through to customer product approval
- Identify product opportunities / trends for customers which will meet their objectives.
- Ensure customer expectations are met in terms of NPD, Trends, and innovation, identify & deliver “First to market” opportunities.
- Give perspective to the AMC team in relation to the customer expectations, British retailer perspectives and thinking in addition to current trends.
- Lead & manage the development projects and processes, critically appraise and feedback to AMC during process, and be responsible for customer presentations.
- Ensuring critical path is followed from sampling to launch
- To drive NPD to ensure all new developments and technical matters are completed in compliance with the customer codes where applicable. Evaluate new samples for all accounts. Supervise team in maintaining sample databases with continual liaison with AMC development team.
- Provide technical direction for the development, design and systems from definition phase to implementation
- Supervises team when applicable in monitoring and maintaining customer KPI reports for all applicable accounts and provides reports for both MMUK and AMC on a regular basis to ensure all key personnel are kept up to date. TM to challenge within the AMC team areas of improvement.
- Manages relevant technical issues / sensitive complaints coming directly from customer or equivalent understanding how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Supervises team when needed in submitting accurate specifications and pack copies on the system and keeps up to date with all the possible documentation filtering this to AMC when necessary.
- Supervises team in checking and approving artwork as required against specifications and manages databases of all customer artwork. “Steps in” when there is a risk of critical path not being followed in during the process
- Ensure that the customer is kept informed of progress throughout the relevant projects.
- Building effective long term relationships with the customer, the MMUK and Spanish teams.
- To support & lead where required with internal meetings and customer concept presentations as required.
- To support & provide UK and Spanish teams with gap analysis and new concepts & ideas generation for prospective NPD strategy for the customers.
- To create and maintain product files for all new products in accordance with procedures.
- Trials & Launches – Support the Process Development Team during trials and launches to ensure product meets required standards.
- Executes and creates development plans and keeps this relevant as time changes where applicable.
- Ensuring critical path is followed from sampling to product approval.
- To drive NPD to ensure all new developments and technical matters are completed in compliance with the customer codes where applicable. (Working with the Technical Manager) Evaluate new samples for all accounts. Supervise team in maintaining sample databases with continual liaison with AMC development team and keeping updated all the information and preparing sample parcels for the customer when required.
- Summarise all meeting notes, actions required and lead follow up with customer and internally.
- Liaise with technical team for direction for the development, design and systems from definition phase to implementation
- Manages client interaction and expectations regarding development projects/initiatives.
- Develops lasting relationships with the customer as primary development point of contact, facilitating regular team and client meetings.
- Using your sound knowledge, you will carry out product evaluations
Personal Skills and experience:
- Full driving licence (Confident Driver)
- IT Literate (Intermediate level in excel)
- Spanish language would be advantageous
- Minimum A level / Degree candidate preferable (food science or equivalent)
- Essential experience within the food and/or beverage industry
- Sensory analysis experience
- Good cultural fit against Company values and benefits
- Creative & foodie with fundamental culinary skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Works well on own initiative
- Works well under pressure
- Team player
- Inquisitive and ambitious
- Drive and determination
- Excellent planning and organisational skills