MM UK (Chatteris, Cambridgeshire)
MM Flowers (Chatteris, Cambridgeshire N.B site is moving to Huntington, Cambridgeshire around March / April 2017)
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To monitor, verify and report all aspects of product quality through intake, packhouse and dispatch reporting accurately any deviation from specification. Review of stocks during storage and accurate recording of all functions.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To inspect product on arrival to determine quality of product, to document and record the findings accurately. Provide adequate photographic evidence to support your findings.
- Ensure any problem loads are dealt with in a timely manner as detailed in the problem load procedures.
- To ensure all product is stored at the correct temperatures and stocks are monitored for deterioration on at least a weekly basis.
- To work in the packhouse monitoring product in process and ensuring all product meets the customer specifications.
- Monitor and report any deviation from anticipated losses in the packing process.
- Perform routine internal analysis (titrations).
- To inspect and supervise the dispatch of product to customers, verifying all product meets the required specifications and labelling requirements prior to dispatch (positive release).
- To engage in the monitoring of the product throughout its shelf life and report any issues noted to the appropriate people.
- Completion of records around kit control, environmental monitoring, traceability etc.
- To undertake any training deemed necessary to meet the Company’s and personal performance and development requirements.
- Conduct line hygiene and GMP audits
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Excellent IT skills including Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible approach to work.
- A keen eye for detail and excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.