MM Operative Despatch
Hours of Work: 42 hours per week, 4 on 4 off includes weekend working
Purpose of the role:-
To be responsible for the movement of dry and live raw materials across intake, production and despatch. To be multi-skilled in all disciplines of the operational areas and support the various functions where the business requires.
- Abide by the Company requirements with regards to safety, quality and ensure legality of products are adhered to.
- Act accordingly with Health & Safety policy and ensure a safe working environment.
- Follow procedures for Warehouse protocols and abide by company policies at all times
- Manage drivers on site and their paperwork.
- Assist in preparation of the stores for on-site efficiency.
- Conduct administrative task with the Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”) System or paperwork when required.
- Ensure that pallet trucks are maintained and checked every day in accordance with related SOP’s.
- Ensure that stock products have a label with correct amount on the pallet, and correct consignment; all pallets taken in to and out of the stores are scanned in to the correct location.
- Ensure that pallets moved in and out of the warehouse or elsewhere on site are stacked and strapped in a safe and risk free manner.
- Assist with trailer plans, intake and despatch paperwork as and when required.
- Demonstrate an understanding and deliver Key Performance Indicators (“KPI’s”)
- Working as a team to ensure the picking, scanning, labelling, and palletisation of all customers finished goods meet the requirements set out by each customer’s specific guidelines / Supplier handbook.
- Engage with production teams to ensure depot out-loads times and volumes are fulfilled - On Time, In Full.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles and equipment.
- Generating advanced shipment notification (“ASNs”) through the ERP System
- Understand the computer aspect of the role with regards to printing of delivery notes, checking direct mail volumes.
- Ensure that the RFID compliance is met within the supply chain (PAV scanning). Ensuring the electronic delivery note (“EDNs”) match the actual outload.
- Generate pallet labels and ensure accuracy of information for traceability purposes.
- Pick to zero, meet the customer order, work with changes.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the depot times and requirements.
- Experience within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- Hold a valid (refreshed) Counterbalance Forklift Licence or reach truck licence.
- Good standard of education, specifically in English and Maths.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and build relationships with internal and external personnel.
- Team player able to focus on departmental goals whilst respecting the needs of others.
- Excellent organisation and delegation skills.
- Able to identify opportunities for process and operational improvements and implement appropriate changes to deliver these benefits.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks with potentially conflicting requirements.
- Accustomed to working with and meeting time critical deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel software applications.
- Demonstrate eagerness in personal development.