Production and Intake Manager
Production and Intake Manager
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7
Purpose of the role
- Accountable for the end to end management of your business unit including managing efficiency, productivity, people planning and budget management.
- To lead and manage all direct reports to deliver customer daily orders in the most cost effective manner; whilst meeting customer specifications and delivering within the MM Flowers budgeted cost, observing all site health and safety obligations.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Accountable for ensuring your teams are trained in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, Health & Safety Procedures and Product Specifications in order to ensure that standards are achieved & maintained.
- To lead your Section Leaders and Operative staff to deliver a quality and customer focused efficient packing operation on a day to day basis.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining a highly competent and engaged team by identifying areas of improvement in order to maintain a high skill base during weekends, holidays or increased shift levels. Ensuring that customer service levels and efficiencies are maintained.
- Manage all of the processes, and provide support to the Packhouse through the effective management of stock movements to the production lines.
- Ensure adherence to the production plan as far as is practicable to ensure that products are packed on time to meet scheduled collection times.
- Work in collaboration with all the operations team and planning teams to ensure the correct stock is available for production on time and in the correct quantities.
- Monitor the daily performance of the packhouse/ warehouse operations and taking a proactive approach to improve underperforming areas through coaching, training and redeployment of skills as necessary.
- Lead and encourage active participations in daily meetings, reporting/ highlighting any areas of concern. Innovate new ways of working utilising the current framework and add value.
- To work pro-actively with agency providers and on site coordinators to address any areas of concern.
- Overall responsibility for the relevant area of the operation ensuring SLAs (where appropriate) and KPIs are met and costs are controlled.
- Effectively managing budgets including staffing requirements against demands. .
- Ensure that the raw material elements of Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP System”) are fully utilised and information is maintained in line with company procedures with up to date / accurate stock count.
- Accountable for future Peak planning.
- Experience within a management role within Fresh Produce/ Food Production / FMCG environment is essential along with operating within a KPI’s driven structure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service..
- Microsoft office experience - word, excel.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team effectively.
- Proven experience in driving through continuous improvement activities.
- Excellent planning, leadership and organisational skills.
- Experience of leading and managing people.
- Flexible approach to work.