Packaging Development Manager
Would you like to join an Innovative and growing UK business in the Midlands?
We are looking for a Packaging Development Manager to enhance our current packaging team as we look to expand our product portfolio. Based in the Midlands you will work closely with the wider NPD team in developing new concepts and supporting this with your packaging expertise.
As Packaging Development Manager you will report directly into the UK Head of NPD and directly manage a Technologist. You will be expected to drive commercial growth by discovering new technical opportunities and building them into new or existing products that provide competitive advantage for the business. You will inspire packaging strategies and develop them into market leading solutions.
Key Responsibilities of the Packaging Development Manager:
- The role encompasses certain aspects of the NPD process from concept to launch, including: blue sky innovation, commercial viability, cost reduction and building closer customer working relationships, supporting internal & external customers
- Promote inter-site dialogue, knowledge share and develop Best Practices within day to day activities
- Ensure the smooth flow of New /EPD packaging from concept to launch
- Initiate and oversee packaging projects across a number of functions/wider business
- To work with multi manufacturing site and multi-channel
- Manage all packaging specific technical activities relating to the introduction of novel technologies into new products
- Manage project time lines to meet target launch dates
- Manage packaging trials and transit Support where practical day to day site issues with packaging to Technical, operations, purchasing Depts.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of current and newly developing packaging ideas, industry trends and competitors
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of printing processes and reprographics
What are we looking for from our Packaging Development Manager?
- You will be qualified to Degree level
- Packaging industry experience within an FMCG environment
- Project Management experience preferable
- Organised and adaptable
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Proven project working skills
- Good analytical and presentation skills
To apply for the Packaging Development Manager position, please click on the ‘apply now’ button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.