Our client is a well-established chilled food manufacturer supplying the major retailers with a vast range of innovative products across numerous exciting categories. Working with pride and passion they are known for manufacturing high quality products, and they are now seeking their next Technical star to lead their teams and continue to deliver technical excellence.
In this leadership role you’ll drive both the group and site technical strategy forward through the management and direction of policies and procedures.
Your main accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring all systems and controls are in place to guarantee food safety at all times across all departments, implementing auditing parameters for compliance with customer specifications and legislation requirements through effectively monitoring and measuring KPIs.
- Taking budgetary control of the Technical function, ensuring adequate resources including site pest control and hygiene contracts whilst driving efficiency in line with the company’s low cost strategy.
- Overseeing audit schedules including HACCP, BRC and microbiological testing, enforcing GMP and hygiene within the manufacturing environment to promote high quality expectations across the factory.
- Providing robust technical support for NPD and Process Development departments throughout the innovation process, ensuring the safe, legal and successful design and launch of new product ranges.
- Maintaining good customer relations by offering sound technical advice in key customer meetings, answering any high profile queries and ensuring effective communication lines throughout product lifecycles to guarantee exceptional levels of service.
- Managing and motivating technical teams, recommending training programmes to drive a culture of continuous improvement on both a personal and departmental level to achieve key business goals whilst developing their skills to deliver market leading results.
This is a great opportunity for a confident leader brimming with initiative who can make an impact in a senior management role. You’ll have proven technical management experience within a fast paced chilled manufacturing business where you have gained credibility with major retailers as well as the ability to inspire and lead a large team. You will also be able to use your varied experience and skills to strategically influence the business, challenging existing practices and providing solutions to deliver outstanding results.
If you have the management expertise and technical know-how to shine in this prominent position then apply now or call 0845 2600 737 for more information.
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.
Apply for Technical Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly