Technical Manager (Maternity Cover)
A fantastic opportunity has emerged to join a household name in a maternity cover position that is anticipated to run for 1 year.
- The main purpose of this job role is to work with colleagues to ensure smooth technical management of products purchased for both our UK and international restaurants.
- The role will involve working directly with suppliers, carrying out supplier audits and specification approval work.
- There will also be cross over with technical work in other parts of the group.
- To manage the collation of technical specifications and self-audit questionnaires for suppliers working directly with the group, using the company’s online supplier and specification management system.
- To build great working relationships with suppliers via email and telephone, following up on missing or incorrect information.
- To work with the Food team on collation of information with regards to food technical requirements.
- To undertake supplier auditing where necessary, completing all relevant research before the audit and managing any corrective actions, with follow-up visits where necessary. This will involve travel within the UK.
- To carry out a write up after each audit is completed, keeping a detailed list of all identified issues. In addition, following up with suppliers on agreed changes and making sure action plans are in place and being followed.
- To attend internal meetings as required by your Manager and, if appropriate, represent your department by providing an overview or any relevant information.
- To comply with all company policies and standards, which are fundamental in maintaining effective performance, communication and good business reputation.
- To comply with all Food Hygiene and Fire, Health & Safety regulations, attending any training as required by the Company and adhering to all company policies and legislative requirements.
- We are looking for a qualified and competent food technologist with a food science / food technology degree.
- The ideal person for this role will be highly organised and have a flexible approach to working with our suppliers.
- The person should be confident in managing a range of different supplier and food types and willing to operate in tough environments with a positive ‘can do’ approach.
- They will be great at using their own initiative and happy to get on with things under their own steam.
- Experience of food safety management auditing is essential, whether internal or external.
- Some experience of working with a retailer or foodservice business would be useful but not necessary.
- The person will also need to have a good knowledge of food law, legislation and third party technical standards.
If you can do all of the above and enjoy eating out we want to hear from you.
Indicative Salary Range: £30,000 - 35,000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.