Category Purchasing Manager, West Midlands
A great opportunity to join a highly regarded food manufacturing business at an exciting time in its procurement journey.
An exciting, growing food business supplying both branded and own label products into all of the major retailers are looking at expanding their European procurement function. With multiple sites in the UK our client is looking for an experienced category procurement professional to join its team.
The successful candidate will
- Identify and deliver savings initiatives and maximise benefits from leveraging spend across sites and countries
- Collate and analyse category spend data, develop and implement strategic sourcing plans
- Utilise knowledge of the external marketplace across suppliers, customers and competitors
- Manage procurement activities for the category from sourcing to award
- Develop relationships with site managers and teams to enable engagement and alignment with purchasing strategies
This is an exciting time to join the procurement function as it is moving towards a category management approach to sourcing and supplier relationships.
Candidates will have relevant procurement experience and ideally have a strong track record in either ingredients, packaging or services related procurement gained in a multi-site FMCG environment. You'll be used to operating with autonomy as well as being able to effectively communicate with other functions and countries. Strong project management skills and real evidence of delivery is key in this role along with strong negotiation and contract development skills.
To apply please send your details through to me today.
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. HLJ13706 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778