Technical Process Manager
Our client, a Leading International Manufacturer of Fresh Prepared Foods is looking to appoint a Process Manager for their site based in Somerset. As a company that values and nurtures the talent of their people, there are excellent career opportunities within the group for individuals that show aptitude and talent.
The successful candidate will manage the ‘Delivery’ element of product development, liaising closely with the Operations, Development and Technical teams ensuring products meet the required quality, legislative and safety standards and achieving the best methods of manufacture within expected timescales and process procedures.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the process technologists to carry out all associated innovation projects and other work in line with agreed critical paths. This includes factory feasibility trials, factory trials, pre-production trials and technical or factory advances.
- Ensure that any relevant food safety legislation and product quality factors are taken into account during development, evaluating all associated risks and establishing relevant controls.
- In conjunction with Production, Engineering & Technical teams, instigate, organise and lead trials that result in improvements to the production process and efficiency.
- Manage the critical path process to ensure New Product Innovation is seamlessly introduced at all levels/areas to minimise disruption, whilst ensuring Commercial viability of products throughout the development process.
- Lead, motivate & develop direct reports in order to have an engaged and effective process team.
- Organise and plan agendas for pre-production/launch days, ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Support the review of current business processes defining their capability, identifying critical factors and conducting risk assessments with involvement in developing/improving existing processes/practices to maximise capability and efficiency.
- Understand customer development processes in order to be able to meet and exceed their expectations with the timely delivery of both product and supporting product information.
Essential skills include:
- Proven track record as a Process Technologist / Manager in a Food or FMCG manufacturing environment
- Experience working with the Major multiple retailers, ideally M&S, JS or Morrisons
- High skill levels across leadership, problem solving and project management
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with an ability to build strong relationships
- Knowledge of Food Safety legislation
- Degree or equivalent in a Food Science or related subject or relevant experience
- The company are an international business who are true partners with the Top Grocery Retail Leaders
- The company’s core values are Customer Care, Can-Do Attitude, Teamwork, Innovation, Getting it Right/ Keeping it Right
- Their vision is to be recognised and respected as the world’s leading fresh prepared foods provider. They aim to drive profitable growth with a clearly defined strategy
- Setting the industry benchmark for safety, quality, service and innovation through the talent and commitment of their people
The role attracts a salary of £35k – £40k and is based at their Somerset site.
If you are interested then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4014 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Apply for Technical Process Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly