Excellent & exciting opportunity for a factory manager, to work for 2 Sisters Food Group, the UK's largest food manufacturing company.
2 Sisters Food Group are one of British business' most compelling success stories of the past 20 years. More than 23,000 colleagues drawn from 36 nationalities help to make a mind-boggling array of some of the finest food in Britain - from pizza to pies, from poultry to puddings, from ready meals to ranges of soup.
Working as part of the Factory Senior Management Team, you will achieve and improve the attainment of all the Key Manufacturing Performance Indicators.
This role is responsible for all production related issues from Raw Materials intake through to dispatch of finished goods through a supportive and enthusiastic management team.
The Factory manager is responsible for the direction and control of staff and methods of manufacturing to ensure that the production schedule is met in full, with product being manufactured to agreed specifications, under acceptable standards of hygiene and with due regard to all aspects of food safety.
The Factory manager needs to champion a culture of continual improvement ensuring robust cost controls and an engaged workforce deliver the necessary productivity savings to drive the sites overall competitiveness.
- Provide direction and support to all factory workers
- Monitor all agreed KPI’s.
- Budget/cost management
- Health and safety management
- Work with different teams within the business
- Challenge performance and seek improvements.
- Ensure consistent flow of accurate information through function and all departments.
- Co-ordination of manufacturing resources
- Working in conjunction with the General Manager, ensure that procedures and systems exist, are reviewed and maintained that maximises all available resources.
- Implement and maintain systems and processes that seek continuous improvements in all manufacturing activities.
- You will be an experienced Food Production Factory Manager – Ideally with experience of ready meals
- Must be prepared for change – in a fast moving production environment
- Good communication skills – Be able to work with all factory workers, including agency staff and teams from other parts of the business
- Your professional approach, along with your natural enthusiasm will have you leading by example, effectively communicating at all levels and building strong working relationships
- You will be change orientated, highly motivated with a naturally challenging style coupled with excellent customer focus and a high level of organisational skills.
- A proven track record in developing others and encouraging decision making and accountability at the right level is essential for the role.
- A determined approach is key together with a drive to deliver results in a fast paced environment.
Knowledge of a chilled ready meals production environment would be a distinct advantage