Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
Hours of Work: 42 hours per week, working 4 on 4 off
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To assist in delivering an effective and efficient operation against daily and weekly targets and plans. Perform an active role in delivering an effective, efficient picking and despatch operation on a day to day basis. Act in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Health & Safety Procedures.
Support all areas of the business where the Supply Chain is crucial to daily practices.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that pallet trucks are maintained and checked every day in accordance with related SOP’s.
- Ensure that stock products have a label with correct amount on the pallet, and correct consignment; all pallets taken in to and out of the stores are scanned in to the correct location.
- Ensure that pallets moved in and out of the warehouse or elsewhere on site are stacked and strapped in a safe and risk free manner.
- Adhere and promote the Company’s clean as you go policy at all times.
- Ensure that Company requirements with regards to the safety, quality and legality of the product are adhered to.
- Working as a team to ensure the picking, scanning, labelling, and palletisation of all customers finished goods meet the requirements set out by each customer’s specific guidelines / Supplier handbook.
- Engage with production teams to ensure depot out-loads times and volumes are fulfilled - On Time, In Full.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles and equipment.
- Assist with trailer plans, intake and despatch paperwork as and when required.
- Ensure store space is utilised efficiently.
- Act accordingly with the sites Health & Safety culture. Ensure standards are achieved at all times.
- Understanding the ‘Key Performance Indicators’ and how the daily SOP’s contribute towards them.
- Understand the computer aspect of the roll with regards to printing of delivery notes, checking direct mail volumes.
- Ensure that the RFID compliance is met within the supply chain (PAV scanning)
- Follow procedures for intake protocols and abide by company policies at all times.
- Unload and confirm arrival quantities against expected consignment reports and liaise with Quality Control and supply chain teams.
- Manage drivers on site and their paperwork.
- Ensure products are scanned and located correctly to the stores using the WMS.
- Assist in preparation of the stores for on-site efficiency.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the tasks and the role might include additional duties associated with smooth running of the department.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Previous experience within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Up to date MHE certificate (Counter Balance, Flexi or PPT).
If you would like more information or wish to apply please complete our application form that can be found on our website www.mmuk.co.uk and send it along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to MM UK Ltd, Frans House, Fenton Way, Chatteris, PE16 6UP.