Hygiene – Technical Manager
Newport (Rogerstone), South Wales. Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits + Prospects.
2 Sisters Food Group are one of British business' most compelling success stories of the past 20 years. More than 23,000 colleagues drawn from 36 nationalities help to make a mind-boggling array of some of the finest food in Britain - from pizza to pies, from poultry to puddings, from ready meals to ranges of soup.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Hygiene Technical Manager to be given the autonomy to use their skills, experience and knowledge to make a real strategic impact on the future of this state of the art factory based in Rogerstone.
Reporting in to the Head of Technical, the Hygiene Technical Manager will take full control of the Hygiene team on site, which includes a factory hygiene manger, 5 hygiene team leaders plus the hygiene team. You will be looking at the whole holistic picture with a leadership quality with strong strategy skills to make this a world class function.
- Ensuring maximum efficiency of department to meet cleaning standards and requirements within timescales and costs.
- Attainment of external audits/hygiene standards by maintaining up to date records and standards within the factory.
- To provide direction motivation and support through management, leadership and coaching of direct reports to meet departmental targets
- To manage labour and materials to ensure budgets are achieved or bettered.
- To promote a safety culture within the department/factory ensuring all H&S requirements are met.
- Manage waste and pest control within agreed budgets.
- Ensure all operatives / department managers are trained to agreed standards to ensure effective manufacturing at all times.
- Review cleaning schedules and job instructions to ensure up to date and relevant,
- Be a team member within the HACCP steering group and use expertise and knowledge in the review of the site plan
- Complete ad hoc projects as decided by the Head of Technical
- A Proven Track Record in Listeria Management is essential
- Understanding of COSHH regulations and minimum one year of chemical handling, ideally in a Hygiene environment.
- Must have knowledge of recent hygiene legislation
- Experience within a high risk environment
- Must have the ability to communicate well at all levels
- Knowledge of microbiological and ATP swabbing is essential
- Management experience within a fast moving factory environment
- Basic computer knowledge – Spreadsheets and Microsoft and SAP.
- Organisational skills, time management and able to prioritise
- Familiar with M&S requirements and codes of practice
If you are ready to take your career to the next level with the UK’s biggest selling food manufacturer in a challenging and rewarding environment then click apply below. We can’t wait to hear from you!