An opportunity to use your specifications experience with a vibrant and expanding business, with the possibility of some time spent working from home.
We are looking for an experienced candidate from the food industry that would be able to do the following:
- Generate specifications according to individual customer requirements.
- Develop all specifications to highest industry standards
- Manage product folders for new products
- Maintain specifications ensuring they are up to date
- Manage the artwork process according to agreed deadlines and to manage any changes
- Manage the collation and input of all technical and legislative information for customer specifications from NPD, product recipe handover to the delivery of product packaging.
- Document all required technical parameters of new and existing products i.e. weights, QCPs, metal detection onto specifications.
- Ensure all new product information is available to deadlines by making sure that trial products are sent for technical testing (shelf life, nutritional, , other chemical) as per customer requirements.
- Ensuring traffic light labelling requirements are highlighted
- Ensure compliance with customer specifications systems according to product requirements
- Manage and ensure all required food safety testing is carried out for all new products.
- Ensure all current products are sent for annual nutritional testing and manage amendments required on specifications and packaging where required.
- Ensure all quality control points on new products are documented during the development process where available.
- Document and keep track of salt reduction targets for all products
- Ensure product specifications are written to the required standards and within the scheduled timeframes.
- Liaison with the customer on any changes.
- Providing support to the technical and commercial teams on any customer policy changes.
- Maintaining customer data bases in terms of specifications and changes
- Supporting manufacturers in understanding the customer requirements for technical information to complete specifications
- Ensuring that the correct information is provided by manufactures for completing product specifications
- Preparing briefings for manufacturers on any policy changes which affect product specifications
We are looking for candidates that have:
- Food Science Degree or similar
- Advanced Food safety and HACCP
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Logical thinker with attention to detail
- Good organisation skills and ability to manage own workload within tight deadlines
- Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft office
- Presentation skills
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience writing specifications with 3 years’ experience in formulating retailer specifications – preferably with Tesco, Asda, Morrison, Aldi
- Experiencing of working with European Manufacturers (mainly Spain, Germany, Poland)
- Demonstrable understanding of labelling legislation and QUID
- Experience with Tesco Technical Library, Gold Standard Specifications, SVA systems, or Mcreate very useful
Will be required to travel and stay away from home visiting manufacturing facilities
10% bonus + private medical cover come with the job
Indicative Salary Range: £30000 - 32000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.