Quality Assurance Auditor
A friendly company in Hertfordshire is looking to add a Quality Auditor to the team.
The company has an excellent reputation for supplying innovative products for own label supply as well as own branded products. They supply fresh products to supermarkets and major multiples nationwide and frozen product to the UK’s largest foodservice suppliers.
About the Role
This position is responsible for all aspects of:
- Finished product checking for key customers products, including post packing checks of quality, pack integrity and coding information
- Positive release of key customers’ products at the point of despatch, confirming QA checks have been completed and numbers of packs are correct against the delivery sheet
- Monitoring that all records are completed by relevant staff, especially those monitoring Critical Control Points identified in the HACCP Plan
- Monitoring that good hygiene and housekeeping practices are maintained throughout the shift in all areas of the bakery, Stores, Despatch and external areas
- Monitoring production processes at intermediate stages to ensure that finished goods criteria are achieved, especially size and weight controls, and, seeding issues
- Assigned aspects of Technical Administration including periodic audits.
- To ensure that the Company’s records are completed in a timely and accurate manner and pass all audit tests by customers and any authorities
- Make the shift Production Managers and the Technical Manager aware of any shortcomings
- Play a major part in ensuring the culture of bakery staff is focussed on food safety, legal, quality and on hygiene issues.
- Ensure that all calibration of instruments are done on regular basis and records maintained
- Conduct GMP audits, Hygiene audits, traceability audits, Glass and Plastic audits on regular basis as per laid down schedule
- Ensure the workings of the temperature monitoring system; report and record any discrepancies or faults to the appropriate department head.
- Take actions for abnormalities / non-conformances which are rectified in relations to laid down systems and procedures.
- Ensure training of all new staff in relation to the technical department and maintain the training record.
- Assisting during and before audit preparation and after to close any non-conformance
- Investigating customer complaints and to respond in writing giving ways in which preventive measures schedule are available to QA’s on regular basis
- To be able to play an authoritative and influential role within the Company on Quality and Hygiene issues.
- Ensure flexibility in approach to working hours
- A self-starter with energy, enthusiasm and tenacity.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to anticipate QA problems
- A strong team player, able to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Skills Required
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Good IT Skills
- Experience of working in a food environment preferred
This position would be ideal for a university student completing a food science/ hygiene degree. Other degrees also considered
Basic Food hygiene and HACCP principles (preferable)
Knowledge of Allergens, Labelling regulation & BRC (preferable)
Please note that this is shift work and we are a 24/7 operation.
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Apply for Quality Assurance Auditor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly