Our client is a small independent poultry company established in 2004. It was set up by Food Industry professionals who pride themselves on maintaining a high standard of quality and service.
Reporting directly to the Technical and Commercial Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for a broad range of Technical/ Quality activities in this varied and interesting role. The ideal candidate will have held a role with broad responsibilities encompassing both factory-facing and office-based QA / Technical experience. Must be happy to be hands-on as this is a small team so all routine QA checking will be carried out by this individual. However, the role offers a unique opportunity to become responsible for all aspects of Quality / Technical on this small, relatively simple site.
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct Quality / Technical paperwork checks, creating new documents when required and ensuring updates are made to existing documents
- Carry out daily Quality Attribute and Food Safety checks in the factory including temperature, metal detection, foreign body checks etc
- Complete internal audits against audit schedule plans
- Ensure product and packaging traceability is tracked at all stages, to both internal and customer standards
- Investigate, respond to and identify trends on customer complaints
- Complete customer KPI reports
- Maintain Internal, Raw Material and Customer Specifications and assist in Supplier approval process
- Liaise with suppliers and external testing laboratories to ensure specifications and testing regimes are up to date.
- Ensure HACCP documentation is up to date and carry out new HACCP assessments for any new products / changes to the process
- Maintain and update the corrective action list and follow up any non-conformances
- Ensure microbiological, chemical and nutritional testing is up to date and relevant certification is held on file.
Essential skills / experience include:
- Experience as a Quality Auditor / QA Supervisor or Team Leader / Technologist / Technical Assistant in a Food Manufacturing business
- Ideally trained to HACCP level 3 or 4
- High risk experience would be very advantageous.
- Internal auditing and completion of Quality Attribute Sheets
- Experience of completing specifications and responding to customer complaints.
- Food Safety, Microbiological & Nutritional Knowledge
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows
- A hands on, flexible and adaptable approach with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills across all levels and functions, both internally and ideally with external customers and suppliers
- An ability to adapt and respond to change with a strong attention to detail
- Small, growing independent poultry company established in 2004
- High standards of quality – set up by respected professionals in the sector.
- Company experiencing growth
- The site holds both Red Tractor and BRC Grade A accreditation
- Supplies the foodservice and wholesale sector.
- Their proximity to the Motorway network makes the site easy to get to by car. Access via public transport is possible but not easy.
If you are a self-starter who is happy to be hands-on and able to balance workloads against changing priorities with energy and enthusiasm, then this could be the job for you. The role is based at our client’s site in South Yorkshire.
The role would ideally suit someone who wants to work part-time (eg to fit in with school hours) so and will be offered on an hourly rate basis (£11.00 - £12.50 per hour). A full time employee would also be considered.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4051 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.