An opportunity has arisen to join a well-established and highly respected growers and packers manufacturer based in Lincolnshire. They are seeking the Technical Manager to provide the senior management team with guidance and on-going support to ensure compliance with Quality/ Safety/Environmental Regulatory Policies, Food Safety Programmes, customer and Group requirements.
With a cutting edge production operation their client base varies from premium retailers through to food service customers. They are proud of the relationships they have forged with partner-growers in order to offer their customers the very best produce for their needs. Their experienced team prides themselves on a responsive, flexible and reliable service and aim to provide a truly fresh approach to large scale commercial relationships in the fresh produce sectors.
Due to continued success, a career-defining opportunity has emerged to work as TECHNICAL MANAGER for this leading supplier. This is a vital role which will require a significant contribution to help successfully deliver the business objectives. You will be expected to proactively drive forward and effectively communicate product and process innovation and quality standards with customers, also ensuring that the productions site and third party suppliers meet strict company policy requirements. You will be a significant member of the Executive team with very strong customer facing ability.
- To take the lead on product and process innovation
- To further develop and nurture customer relationships
- To help the commercial team develop quality, safe, legal and innovative products
- To understand and exceed customer expectations
- To measure compliance against defined corporate and customer policies, Quality, Food Safety and product specifications through independent audit, continuously improving standards across the site.
- Promote a high standard of awareness and understanding at site level of all appropriate policies, procedures and product specifications.
- Facilitate the implementation of Quality Standards by ensuring the necessary training and support is made available to all functional areas.
- Ensuring products are consistently manufactured to specification and that all requests, queries and complaints from customers are dealt with appropriately.
- Serving as a contact between Customers and the Company.
- Developing and maintaining all product specifications, quality attribute sheets and product risk assessment sheets.
- Ensuring retail price lists are communicated to production as required.
- Liaising with the relevant Account Manager to assist with NPD regarding the final development approval and launch of new products or the development of existing products, including shelf life trials, artwork/labelling reviews and approval, and the hand over to production
The successful candidate:
- Significant experience of working successfully with the major UK retailers.
- You will be degree qualified, (or equivalent) in Food Science and Technology, ideally with experience in produce.
- Have a clear understanding of HACCP, Advanced Food Hygiene, Food Microbiology and Labelling legislation.
- You will have experience of BRC and customer audits.
- You will be able to show how you have developed and motivated teams.
- Your interpersonal skills will be highly tuned, and you will possess strong planning and team working skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively to meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail with the ability to problem solve, use initiative and be forward thinking.
To apply for this position please apply with an up to date CV and salary expectations to email@example.com or call Shaun Levy on 0115 824 7100 for more information.
If you have not received a response directly from DK Associates (Food Division) within 10 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.