Bradgate Bakery, part of the highly respected Samworth Brothers group, one of Leicestershire’s biggest food manufacturing companies, has a Commercial Accountant career opportunity to join our expanding Beaumont Leys bakery in Leicester. We offer a competitive salary with yearly pay reviews and an extensive benefits package, as well as an excellent work life balance. Our working environment is supportive and encourages our people to develop and gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential.
About us - Bradgate Bakery is a fast paced, award winning highly reputable family business that is heavily expanding and continually evolving. We produce sandwiches, wraps, prepared salads, pasta pots, stir-fry and sauces, grain pouches, produce bakes and many other chilled foods for a leading UK retailer. Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and with over 1500 employees, we are a major employer in Leicester. Continuous investment in our people and our facilities has enabled our business to grow into one of the UK's largest sandwich manufacturers with an enviable reputation for quality, consistency and innovation in a fast-moving market.
Commercial Accountant - The Role
As a trusted business partner to support the Company’s commercial operations, the successful Commercial Accountant has a critical role working closely with senior client facing staff, helping to improve decision making and the financial performance of the company. Key Responsibilities (not limited to);
- Review of product costings and assist in the implementation of a new costing system
- Post promotional evaluation, inflation tracking and discount analysis
- Assist the commercial team in margin mix/volume scenarios for us and our customer
- Supply chain impact/ case sizes/ logistic costs and involvement in budgeting and forecasting
- Provide holiday cover assistance for weekly management account production
Commercial Accountant - The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications;
- A finalist or recently qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with a strong academic record and experience gained as a Commercial Accountant from within ideally the FMCG manufacturing or Retail industry
- With operational, costing and planning/supply chain experience and commercial acumen, you will be highly numeric and have strong data and statistical analysis and written reporting skills
- A superb communicator - excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all staff members
- Computer literate, with advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (able to create spreadsheets, formulas, pivot tables, V & H look ups, macros) and good working knowledge of packages such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Professional, proactive and self-motivated with a drive to continually improve processes and seek new challenges
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
Commercial Accountant - Working Hours
This is a full time, permanent position. Whilst core working days will be Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm you will also be required to work flexibly within a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
Commercial Accountant - The Rewards
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with a competitive annual salary, retirements saving plan, non contractual; profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.
This is a fantastic career opportunity – you will be joining an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable 4th generation family business that is expanding and continually evolving. Interested? Email your up–to-date CV today!
Apply for Commercial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly