Bradgate Bakery, part of the highly respected Samworth Brothers group, one of Leicestershire’s biggest food manufacturing companies, has a Commercial Executive career opportunity to join our expanding Beaumont Leys bakery in Leicester. We offer a competitive salary with yearly pay reviews and an extensive benefits package, as well as an excellent work life balance. Our working environment is supportive and encourages our people to develop and gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential.
Commercial Executive - About Us
Bradgate Bakery is a fast paced, award winning highly reputable family business that is heavily expanding and continually evolving. We produce sandwiches, wraps, prepared salads, pasta pots, stir-fry and sauces, grain pouches, produce bakes and many other chilled foods for a leading UK retailer. Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and with over 1500 employees, we are a major employer in Leicester. Continuous investment in our people and our facilities has enabled our business to grow into one of the UK's largest sandwich manufacturers with an enviable reputation for quality, consistency and innovation in a fast-moving market.
Commercial Executive - The Role
This role will enter the business at the grass roots of a busy sales function and will enable the successful individual to gain experience and exposure to the commercial world, paired with a clear development plan which will help future progression into and account manager (and beyond) over time. Your responsibilities will span across the whole business remit (data management, NPD/technical developments, supply chain challenges and store liaison). Key responsibilities will include;
- Support the commercial team with business objectives
- Liaise with Bradgate key stakeholders (projects and broader business)
- Working to develop relationships and communication between sites
- Assist in ad hoc projects to deliver tangible results that enhance category performance for both Bradgate Bakery and our Customer
- Assisting store conformance to merchandising plans
- Become an integral part of the sales function
Commercial Executive - The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with relevant industry experience i.e. marketing / commercial experience from a year industry placement or experience in a similar role
- Commercial awareness, understanding of food retailing, food categories and an understanding of short shelf life products would be advantageous
- Strong data analysis skills and experience – proven ability to source and interpret data
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influential skills
- Driven, career motivated, persuasive and assertive. A self-starter who has a proactive & independent approach to working
- Highly numerate & literate, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Excel, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint
- Full driving licence with the willingness to work flexibly
Commercial Executive - Working Hours. This is a full time, permanent position, 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday however flexibility to working times is required as this role will involve supporting product launches which will require some weekend work (approximately 4 weekends per year).
Commercial Executive - The Rewards
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with a competitive annual salary, retirements saving plan, non contractual; profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.
This is a fantastic career opportunity – you will be joining an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable 4th generation family business that is expanding and continually evolving. Interested? Email your up–to-date CV today!
Apply for Commercial Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly