Bradgate Bakery, part of the highly respected Samworth Brothers group, one of Leicestershire’s biggest food manufacturing companies, has a Category Executive career opportunity to join our expanding Beaumont Leys bakery in Leicester. We offer a competitive salary with yearly pay reviews and an extensive benefits package, as well as an excellent work life balance. Our working environment is supportive and encourages our people to develop and gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential.
Category Executive - About Us
Bradgate Bakery is a fast paced, award winning highly reputable family business that is heavily expanding and continually evolving. We produce sandwiches, wraps, prepared salads, pasta pots, stir-fry and sauces, grain pouches, produce bakes and many other chilled foods for a leading UK retailer. Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and with over 1500 employees, we are a major employer in Leicester. Continuous investment in our people and our facilities has enabled our business to grow into one of the UK's largest sandwich manufacturers with an enviable reputation for quality, consistency and innovation in a fast-moving market.
Category Executive - The Role
Reporting to the Marketing Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Monitor weekly category performance in conjunction with the Data analyst and report on growth and distribution changes
- Analysis of Bradgate product performance for the front of store category
- Regular and ad hoc market visits to monitor competitor activity
- Manage the merchandising of the Front of Store category including range recommendations in conjunction with the Marketing Manager, planning of range plans utilising Dunnhumby Shelf Review, managing and attending all range builds at our Customer’s merchandising Centre and follow up communication and analysis of range changes internally and with our Customer
- Ad hoc data analysis utilising Nielsen/IRI/Dunnhumby for both sales and customer metrics
- Assist in category projects
- Assist Commercial team to develop the business
Category Executive - The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with relevant experience in a similar role
- Commercial awareness, understanding of food retailing, food categories and an understanding of short shelf life products would be advantageous
- Strong data analysis skills and experience – proven ability to source and interpret data and recommend solutions
- Comfortable using 3rd party data systems to analysis data
- Ability to create compelling selling stories for internal and external use
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects within tight timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influential skills
- Driven, career motivated, persuasive and assertive. A self-starter who has a proactive & independent approach to working
- Highly numerate & literate, with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (able to create spreadsheets, formulas, pivot tables, V & H look ups, macros) and good working knowledge of packages such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Full driving licence with the willingness to work flexibly
Category Executive - Working Hours. This is a full time, permanent position, 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday however flexibility to working times is required as this role will involve supporting product launches which will require some weekend work (approximately 4 weekends per year).
Category Executive - The Rewards
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with a competitive annual salary, retirements saving plan, non contractual; profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.
This is a fantastic career opportunity – you will be joining an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable 4th generation family business that is expanding and continually evolving. Interested? Email your up–to-date CV today!