Specifications Technologist (Maternity Contract) Lancashire
My client is the UK's leading manufacturer of retailer own brand cakes. They have multiple sites in the UK and produce a range of products.
They are looking for an experienced Specifications Technologist to cover a twelve month maternity cover. This role is based at their site in Oldham which is mainly focused on M&S and has a very broad portfolio of technologies, sub categories and processes including ambient cakes and chilled desserts.
Your role will be to write, process and approve product specifications involving frequent interaction with suppliers on technical issues and interaction with customers on technical issues relating to a variety of specifications.
To apply you will need the following
- Degree or HND in Food Technology or equivalent
- Online specification systems knowledge
- Food Labelling Regulations and nutritional calculations knowledge
- Prior experience understanding technical food specification writing
- Experience of working with the major retailers
- Strong IT skills - Excel/Word and the Internet
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all levels internally and externally
- Must demonstrate speed, accuracy and conscientiousness
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates "can do" attitude
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Highly organised with ability to multi-task and process driven
- Friendly, approachable and flexible - a team player
Apply today for further information
Ref NCM13691 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778
Apply for Specifications Technologist (Maternity Contract) Lancashire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly