Business Development Manager - Premium Beer
Family owned and operated since 1803, Krombacher have been crafting world-class beers in one location and one location only: the pristine, densely forested village of Krombach, Germany. Today Krombacher is the largest privately owned brewery in Germany and one of the most modern in Europe. In addition, Krombacher is the most popular and no.1 Premium beer brand in Germany. As part of the continued UK expansion, we are looking to build upon our success over the last few years by appointing a Business Development Manager for the London & S.E. team to further unlock the potential the Krombacher brand has in the UK On-Trade.
This is a key role and the successful individual will act as an Ambassador for Krombacher in the UK and play a significant part in shaping the future success of our UK operation. The main objectives of this important role are to build new distribution, drive existing sales and increase brand awareness/equity in the Quality On-Trade to further grow Krombacher’ s presence in the UK.
- Report directly to the Director, Sales and Marketing Krombacher UK & Italy
- To be a Krombacher UK Ambassador and embrace all things in the ‘Premium Beer’ market
- Work alongside the Importer and partner wholesaler sales teams and call on a wide range of outlets in the Premium HoReCa, Quality Independent Free Trade and Multiple Outlet Operator arena
- Be a key part in the building, developing and maintenance of UK On trade customers
- Nurture and develop existing key accounts to develop brand awareness and increase rate of sale
- Conduct customer staff training and organise/ run tasting sessions
- Weekly reporting including results, key successes, competitor activity and journey planning
- Premium branded drinks experience (min 5 years within Drinks Industry)
- Independent & Multiple On-Trade sales experience, especially in winning new business
- Established relationships in the UK On-Trade, especially within London and SE
- Experience of working with Importers and Wholesalers and their sales teams
- Experience in delivering brand education & training to wholesaler, retailer and consumer
- Located within the M25 and not afraid of travel both domestically and internationally
- IT literate i.e. Microsoft Office (Powerpoint and Excel), Lotus Notes, Skype, Dropbox etc.
- An all-rounder who will be a self-starter with a high degree of self-motivation, ability to work autonomous and present/communicate the brand to a high standard
- Knowledge of Premium/ Super premium Beer industry will be a massive advantage
- Additional languages (ideally German) would be advantageous however not essential
- Knowledge and previous use of Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) would be advantageous
This position will be home-based and you must be prepared to travel across the London and South East region, with occasional travel to Germany and other UK regions.
Family owned and operated since 1803, we have been crafting our world-class beers in one location and one location only: the pristine, densely forested village of Krombach, Germany. Today, Krombacher is the most popular and nr.1 Premium beer brand in Germany. For centuries our passion for brewing high quality, premium beers according to the German Purity Law, has forced us to use the best raw materials nature has to offer. This includes our exceptionally pure Felsquellwasser (local untreated rock spring water from the Rothaar Mountains) which combined with the finest, carefully selected hops, two-row summer barley and applying unique traditional brewing methods gives Krombacher its distinctive and full-flavored taste. Beer is our passion.
In return, the successful candidate can expect a highly competitive salary & benefits package that will be negotiated dependant upon experience. The benefits package will include a Bonus, Annual Travel card, Private Medical Insurance, Laptop, IPhone, Pension and 25 days holiday plus statutory days.
If you feel you possess the necessary skills and experience then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply now and we’ll be in touch with further details. Please note, all 3rd party applications will be re-directed to Krombacher’ s Retained Consultants at Leader Executive Search Ltd.