Salary: Dependent on experience
25 days holiday per annum
Company pension and bonus scheme
Life Assurance Policy
Employee Assistance programme & exclusive online employee benefits.
Hours: Panama Shift Pattern - 6am to 6pm (Week 1 - 60 hours (Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday Sunday) Week 2 - 24 hours (Wednesday, Thursday)
Natures Way Foods (NWF) is a leading manufacturer of fresh convenient food. We supply prepared salads, prepared fruit, coleslaw and potato salad, dressed salads, and fresh food to go products to some of the UK's largest supermarket and food service companies. Based in scenic West Sussex on the South coast, we have grown rapidly since our establishment in 1994. Operating from four sites, with our fifth on the way, we are now one of the area's largest employers with over 1,000 full-time staff members. At NWF we all share a determination to grow our business and a have real passion for what we do. We are currently recruiting for a Demand Planner to join our Planning team.
The purpose of this role is to create an achievable and realistic plan that ensures all orders are manufactured in good time to meet customer delivery schedules. Process accurate and effective sales orders, working closely with the supply planning team and the operations section managers. The aim is to create an achievable and realistic production plan that ensures all orders are manufactured in good time to meet customer delivery schedules within budget. The demand planning team leader will also review the customer forecasts and model promotional and events planning for future production scheduling and capacity considerations.
- Correct and accurate translation of Customer sales order documents into current business communication formats
- Schedule factory plan using an efficient utilisation of available line time and labour.
- Communicate and record accurate reports to provide details of current and future company positions and capacities
- Work collaboratively with operational teams to deliver accurate and effective production plans
Key knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous planning experience within an FMCG manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge and understanding of MRP and ERP systems
- Stock management or scheduling tool experience.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyse and evaluate data
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organisational skills and have the ability to prioritise differing demands
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people