QA Manager (Nights)
Our Client, a leading international manufacturer of chilled convenience foods for the major retailers is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to lead their QA Night Team on a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern. The successful candidate will lead and co-ordinate the work of the Quality Assurance Team to deliver and implement service improvements in line with operational day to day needs to ensure safety, quality, legality and customer requirements are met.
The successful candidate will:
- Direct the team to deliver the quality management system including the internal and external audit plan, ensuring corrective actions are put in place
- Develop the capability of the QA team through the Technical Strategy
- Monitor departmental KPI’s adjusting team activity to ensure targets are achieved
- Plan and maintain resource utilisation
- Lead and deliver projects to create business effectiveness and cost efficiency
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the SHE Policy
Essential skills include:
- Proven track record as a Quality Manager in a food manufacturing environment
- An in-depth understanding of BRC, HACCP, customer standards and audit requirements
- Allergen, nutritional, basic micro and shelf life awareness
- High skill levels across leadership, problem solving and project management
- An ability to think on your feet and make decisions with strong influencing skills
- Degree or equivalent in a Food Science or related subject or relevant experience
- Level 3 Food Hygiene and L3 Health and Safety certificates
- Established over 15 years ago, a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods supplying a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods across the group
- Group-wide customers include major retailers and food service businesses in the UK and US
- Passionate about food with people at the core of their business
- Committed to driving continuous improvement and cost efficiency
Are you a forward thinking Quality Assurance Manager with a commitment to raising standards and leading the Quality Teams in a fast paced, short shelf life environment? If you are looking for a challenging and interesting role, then this could be the job for you. The role attracts a salary of up to £31k per annum and is based at their London site.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4048 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.