Salary £35,000 / Location Stotfold, Bedfordshire
Our client grows, packs and distributes fresh produce to major retailers, wholesalers and chefs. With ten farms spread across Kent and Essex, this business is fast expanding and is pro-active in it's desire to succession plan.
The Glasshouse Manager will be fully responsible for the company's site in Stotfold, Bedfordshire which grows, predominantly, chilli peppers, baby pak choi and basil over 1.7 hectares. On their behalf, we are seeking a "hands-on", experienced, protected crop grower preferably with knowledge of the specified or similar produce categories.
The Glasshouse Manager is specifically accountable to The Farm Operations Manager for:
- Crop Husbandry on his /her Farming Unit.
- Site Management
- Induction Training of New Employees
- Growing and Harvesting of UK Grown Crops to a specification
In addition the Glasshouse Manager has specific Health and Safety accountabilities;
- The safe condition and use of Plant and Equipment.
- Staff familiarity and compliance with Health and Safety Notices and ‘Operating Procedures’
Site rules and emergency procedures
Food Safety Rules – Physical, Chemical and Biological Contamination
Operational Skills - PA1, PA6 are essential
- The provision, availability, and quality of crop relative the annually agreed growing programme
- The safe use and condition of Plant and Equipment on the site.
- The management of the unit in relation to this Cost / Profit Centre Budget
- The reporting, in the first instance verbally, to the Farm Operations Manager of any issue which may impact on crop availability, quantity or quality.
Drilling, planting, irrigation, fertilisation and crop protection record/map keeping will also be essential to the role as will staff management, appraisal, training and development.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00 /year
- Glasshouse Management: 4 years
Required licence or certification: