Specifications Technologist required on a 12 Month fixed term contract (maternity cover) for a Food production company based near Middlesex. Reporting into the Technical Manager, you will assist with the completion of day to day or any extra task assigned.
The position will initially be for 12 months but may well run for longer. The company are going through a good period of growth and there is every chance that a permanent role may materialise by the end of the contract.
- Ensure that micro samples are recorded and sent to the lab in co-ordination with QC’s is done as per the schedule
- Compile Customer Product Specifications and review and update them as required.
- Ensure BHL’s food safety and quality objectives are met at all times.
- Provide technical support to the company and all customers.
- Compile and maintain Raw Material Specifications, get approval form Supplier and Head of Technical.
- Co-ordinate with supplier to procure COA/COC of raw material received. Ensure raw material specifications are up dated from time to time.
- Keep abreast of legislation to ensure company compliance and communicate any changes internally.
As a Specifications Technologist you will assist with the completion of Quality Attribute sheets and any other Technical documentation required by the customer. You will also assist in the benchmarking of products to ensure Technical Compliance to specification.
Ideally you will have experience of working with specifications for retailers (Waitrose, JS & Tesco), sound knowledge of Nutricalc and labelling legislation and a thorough understanding of company products.
The business is looking for someone with strong communication skills who is comfortable liaising with colleagues at all levels. You will have proven experience of managing others and a high level degree of attention to detail.
Salary - £30 000 - £35 000 + Benefits
The client is looking to begin the interview process immediately so if interested, please send your CV to the manufacturing team using the link below or call Adam at Parker White for more information about any further roles we are recruiting for.
Parker White Office: 01172 399300
Key Words: HACCP, Fresh Produce, Food Processing, Food Manufacturing, Food, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance, Quality Technician, Quality, BRC, Food, QA Technician, Technical Assistant, Technical Admin, Technical Officer
Parker White Consulting Limited acts as an Employment Agency (perm) and as an Employment Business (contract).
Apply for Specifications Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly