Category Procurement Manager P/T Job Share
A virtually unheard of part time role! This is a great opportunity to join an expanding branded business producing inspirational food products for a broad customer base. Passionate about good quality products with high nutritional value, they are looking for a switched on Procurement expert to join their vibrant team.
In this influential procurement role you’ll help deliver operational excellence, innovation and sustainability for the company’s core categories. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing long term category plans in line with inter-departmental strategies and overall company goals.
- Taking ownership of strategic supplier management, acting as the main interface between internal teams and suppliers to obtain the highest quality and most cost effective raw materials against joint business plans and KPIs.
- Writing and negotiating high profile contracts across the entire range, liaising with Supply Chain teams to support smooth and efficient transactions whilst managing cost prices and budgets to deliver margin improvements according to brand values and requirements.
- Working with NPD teams and utilising your strong commercial awareness of the food industry to seek out procurement opportunities for key brand projects, conducting market research to aid sourcing strategies.
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives within the procurement function by researching and proposing new ways of working to promote the overall corporate strategy and deliver sector leading service for customers and consumers alike.
This will be part of a job share so you will be happy working for 3 days’ per week only. Suit a Procurement or Supply Chain expert with a CIPS qualification, a superb commercial acumen and a proven track record of achieving excellent results within FMCG food manufacturing. You will be an organised, determined individual who can demonstrate your knowledge of the current market and procurement techniques. Highly numerate and literate you will have great communication, negotiation and supplier management skills. If you are an ambitious Purchasing or Procurement professional looking to move into a part time role within a fast-paced and continuously growing company, then apply now or call 0845 2600 737 for more information.
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.