My Client is an importer/exporter of snack products to processors and manufacturers. They are currently looking for a Food Technologist to join their team.
The role duties will include:
- Manage the supplier and warehouse approval schedule through approving obtaining and approving Supplier and Warehouse Audit Questionnaires and associated technical documents (HACCP, BRC certificates, Allergens, Packaging information etc.);
- Be able to carry out supplier audits with a scope to include product safety, traceability testing, HACCP/hazard and risk assessment, review and good manufacturing practices;
- Keep product specifications up to date and generate new ones as required;
- Deal with customer queries and customer questionnaires, such as sending out approved supplier audit questionnaires and associated technical supplier documents, as required;
- Manage the customer complaints process by ensuring suppliers investigate and close out complaints effectively through root cause analysis and implementing corrective/preventative actions.
- Carry out product quality assessments/organoleptic analysis to ensure product samples received from suppliers meet specification requirements;
- Be actively involved in the implementation of HACCP and BRC Agents & Brokers (Issue 1) food safety standard for the business.
Candidates must have 2-3 years plus experience of a similar role in the food industry, ideally from a food science background and have excellent HACCP, BRC and auditing experience
Salary is dependent on experience
Indicative Salary Range: £30000 - 35000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.