FSM - Retail - Midlands/East Anglia
An opportunity for someone looking for a position in the East Midlands and East Anglia region.
The world’s leading provider of cleaning, food safety and health protection products and services is looking to add to the team in its Food Retail division. It delivers a comprehensive cleaning and food safety program developed specifically for the food retail industry, partnering with their customers to identify food safety risks and help prevent the spread of food borne illnesses.
The Field Service Manager/Food Safety Specialist position services a territory of accounts and performs on-site customer evaluations and training in the area of food safety and brand protection practices. The position examines food safety practices, employee/customer safety, customer service quality and facility cleanliness in a variety of retail food store settings, providing quality evaluation data used for comprehensive customised reporting for their customers.
- Conduct food safety, brand standards and other on-site evaluations at customer locations, assessing workplace safety and environmental cleanliness
- Provide food safety and brand standards education and training to customers
- Perform activities that create a high level of customer satisfaction including the provision of accurate reports and effective customer communication and relationships
- Partner the iAccount Management teams to solve customer issues and assist in program development
- Maintain professional credentials and remain knowledgeable on current governmental regulations and industry practices
- Complete food safety audits based on the customer’s required visit frequency (monthly or quarterly) and evaluate each department for compliance
- Maintain dispensing equipment in excellent working condition and install equipment as necessary
- Meet with store management to provide feedback and findings after the store survey/audit is completed and make recommendations for improvement
- Complete required paperwork including the proper update of customer contact records and the territory management system
- Utilise paper reports and other communication devices to communicate with customers, district manager, and the home office
- Plan and execute an efficient daily route to maximize effectiveness and productivity
- Complete and submit monthly plan and all other end-of-the-month paperwork to the Area manager in a timely manner
- Complete and submit all hours worked for the week by the established deadline
- Provide survey/audit reports to home office on a daily basis by electronic sync
- Extensive experience in food protection. Supervisory experience is preferred.
- CIEH Level 3 certification or equivalent, Level 4 would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with others, including the ability to teach, coach and provide guidance and constructive feedback with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong relationship management capability and advanced consulting skills.
- Ability to consistently deliver results and possess a competitive desire to become a top performer.
- Strong planning and organisational skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively without supervision, showing initiative, good judgment and superior decision making skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Resourceful and continuous improvement focus.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle tasks and work efficiently against deadlines.
- Foodservice management experience and/or related certification (such as Dietitian, Public Health, Health and Safety) is an asset.
- PC skills including basic Excel
Work in a safe manner and strive for zero work related incident
Ensure proper/safe use of equipment, safeguards, PPE and hazardous materials
Full Driver’s License essential
Practice safe driving behaviour and maintain safe driving record
Report hazards/incidents to manager without delay
Indicative Salary Range: £21000 - 25200
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Apply for FSM - Retail - Midlands/East Anglia
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly