Management Accountant - Melton Foods
The Management Accountant will be involved in the preparation of weekly accounts, material & labour variance analysis, NPD product costing, business KPIs and monthly material reconciliation. They will be a pro-active and flexible individual who can add some real value to the management accounts team working closely with and supporting other key functions, in particular commercial and operations, in their drive to improve performance and margins.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Driving forward the management accounting support within the business
- Owning & developing the new & existing product development costing process
- Developing and maintaining material variance and labour reporting
- The production of management information for the commercial and operations departments
- Involvement in the production of weekly profit and loss pack and gross margin reconciliation.
- The coordination and production of weekly KPI information
- The maintenance of Aurora financial information e.g.-Bill of materials
- General day to day accounting responsibilities as guided by the Finance Manager
- Other adhoc work or projects as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years’ experience within a manufacturing environment preferably food
- Strong sense of logic, self-driven and determination
- Team Player with proven analytical approach, strong personality
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge – V/H Look Ups, Pivot Tables, Macros
- Competent in other Microsoft office packages
- Preferred experience of Aurora or another similar accounting system
- Preferably part-qualified or studying towards an accountancy qualification.