Payroll Officer - Walker & Son
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 17:00pm
Walker & Son is part of the Samworth Brothers group, a long established and successful chilled food manufacturer and market leader, supplying both cold and hot pies to a majority of the major retailers.
We are currently recruiting for a Payroll Officer within our finance department. This role will report to the Payroll Supervisor and be responsible as part of a team for the accurate and timely processing of wages for 700+ weekly paid staff.
- Timely and accurate processing of wages for 700+ members of staff.
- Maintain best practice within the T&A system; all hours clocked are authorised and any enhanced payments required are amended accordingly.
- Management of any authorised absences and appropriate payment for holiday, SSP, SMP, SPP etc.
- Setting up starters and processing leavers.
- Accurate pension administration.
- Maintain close working relations within the Finance team as well with departments across the business, in particular Personnel and Production.
- Adhere to confidentiality regulations at all times.
- Holiday cover.
- Run required payroll reports.
- Any other adhoc duties as and when required.
Skills, knowledge and experience required for this role:
- Minimum of 2 years payroll experience, preferably in a large organisation with exposure to weekly payroll & T&A inputting.
- Sound understanding of payroll legislation including PAYE, Pension, SSP, SMP, SPP, attachment of earnings order.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and organise workload to ensure daily, weekly and monthly deadlines are consistently met.
- Conscientious worker who prides themselves on attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills
- High degree of accuracy.
- Excellent administrative and computer skills – Word, Excel and Email
- Good communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Confident and pro-active working style.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply in writing with CV and salary expectations to Melanie Brown, Personnel Officer, Walkers Charnwood Bakery, 200 Madeline Road, Beaumont Leys, Leicester, LE4 1EX or firstname.lastname@example.org.