7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
My client is a well known express distribution business and who are looking for a General Manager to lead their West Midlands site.
The General Manager will be accountable for operational performance, the development of new business and the operational platform to facilitate the growth and operating profitability of the business against forecast.
General Manager areas of focus will include:
- Performance management and succession of the management team.
- Recruitment and remuneration structure of site employees to reduce dependency on external resource.
- Identifying growth opportunities that provide synergy to the existing business profile.
- Key responsibilities within the role will include:
- Succession planning through coaching and external recruitment to facilitate business plan delivery.
- Controlling and improving business efficiency through effective cost control, budgeting and setting of financial targets.
- Protection of existing customer accounts and associated profitability.
- Account profitability analysis of principle on-site customers.
- Relationship building with key players within each customer organisation and sector.
- Employee and trade union relations.
- Employee and operational development.
- Health, safety, hygiene and security standards.
- Manpower targets, retention and overall management of all staff within the business area.
- Establishing and driving best practice throughout all areas of the business.
It is essential that the General Manager can demonstrate the following skills, qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Advanced knowledge of logistics
- Excellent sector relationships with retailers, suppliers and other logistics providers.
- Full understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- An analytical approach to business.
- Collaborate with other General Managers
- The ability to persuade and influence outcomes when necessary.
- Commercially astute with excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent prioritisation skills.
- The ability to adapt communication styles.
- A strong focus on customer relationships.
- High level of adherence to processes and procedures.
- Coaching to develop internal succession.
- Confidence and courage in your own convictions.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Trustworthy with an appreciation for confidentiality.
Apply for General Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly