Salary £50,000 + benefits / Location Colchester, Essex
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading supplier of fruit who procure from all continents around the world to source them an experienced Technical Manager. They pride themselves on being able to bring the finest quality produce to their customers which consist of major supermarkets, foodservice and wholesale businesses.
- Develop and maintain our technical agenda in line with business objectives
- Ensure that customer input is accurately communicated to all relevant stakeholders
- Build, develop and maintain close positive relationships with our customers’ and supplier’s technical, operational and commercial teams
- Maintain and develop a food quality and food safety system, which ensures all products supplied by the company are legal, safe to eat and comply with customer requirements.
- Work with and manage the team to ensure that the technical agenda is formulated, developed and enhanced ensuring that, as a minimum, it fulfils its requirements by meeting the expectations of both customers and the business
- Support the other business functions to drive sales, profit and growth
- Experience/qualification in food safety tools such as HACCP, risk assessment or crisis management.
- Experience of managing internal & external audit processes and requirements.
- Proven track record of supplier management.
- Experience and knowledge of BRC.
- Knowledge of UK legislation.
- Ideally will have fruit but fresh produce experience as a whole will be sufficient
- Strong people management skills
- Motivated and motivating
- Confident communicator
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly