Warehouse Operative (4 on 4 off shift pattern, day shift)
An opportunity has become available in the Warehouse Team for an additional Warehouse Operative reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor. The main purpose of this role is to work as part of the busy warehouse team, working closely with other Veetee Operational teams in the factory, such as Production, Engineering, QA and Hygiene.
Duties will include:
- Customer order picking
- Goods in unloading and racking away.
- Loading/unloading lorries
- Picking materials and ingredients for production work.
- Putting away pallets from production into racking
- Tidying the warehouse
- Cover for other team members
- Assisting other departments when required
- 4 on 4 off shifts
- Fixed days - 06:00 to 18:00 hours
- Unpaid breaks of 1.5 hours per day, flexible due to production
- 10.5 hours paid, 12 hours on site
- Standard week average of 36.75 hours (42 or 31.5 hours per week on a rota basis)
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Counter Balance and High Reach Fork Lift Truck licenses with substantial current and previous experience are essential
- Experience and understanding of IT stock control systems, basic to intermediate level computer skills
- Knowledge and experience of working in a warehouse environment
- Experience within a fast pace warehouse environment that handles palletised goods is highly desirable.
- Understanding of stock control and the importance of accurate record keeping.
- Self-motivated and ability to use own initiative
Flexible and willing to take on various tasks as well as cover different shift patterns to cover absence/holiday and overtime as required