7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The main purpose of this role is to conduct internal / external supplier audits to ensure the business is compliant in relation to Food Safety and customer requirements.
Salary: Dependent on experience
25 days holiday per annum
Company pension and bonus scheme
Life Assurance Policy
Employee Assistance programme & exclusive online employee benefits.
Hours: 40 hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 - 5:30
Natures Way Foods (NWF) is a leading manufacturer of fresh convenient food. We supply prepared salads, prepared fruit, coleslaw and potato salad, dressed salads, and fresh food to go products to some of the UK's largest supermarkets and food service companies. We have three manufacturing sites on the beautiful South Coast with a fourth opening early next year.
We are a privately owned company with an entrepreneurial spirit. We've grown substantially over the last 22 years, currently employing nearly 1200 permanent staff and we have ambitious plans to continue on a journey to becoming a £250 million business. We are looking for ambitious industry experts to join us.
We currently have an opportunity for an Auditor to join our Technical Compliance team. Our auditors manage a varied and complex supplier base with products ranging from leaf, fruit and produce through to cooked ingredients, meats, dairy, grains and dressings. This role is customer and supplier facing, you will have the opportunity to undertake both UK and overseas travel to conduct audits on our suppliers.
- Oversee supplier approval process (new and existing suppliers)
- Manage supplier audit schedule, ensuring audits are completed within risk assessed frequency and any day to day issues are resolved
- Plan and carry out internal NWF Compliance Audits reporting results back to business, encouraging best practice and continuous improvement
- Ensure the highest food safety standards and due diligence systems are maintained within all categories of the supply base
- Communicate supplier compliance updates and approval lists to customers
Key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High levels of integrity and professionalism
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and delegation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Internal and external auditing experience
- Food industry experience - ideally fresh or protein based
- PC literate
- Lead Auditor / Assessor qualification
- HACCP (Intermediate / Level 3 or above)
- Food Hygiene / Safety (Advanced or degree qualified)