ENGINEERING PACKING MANAGER
Engineering Packing Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Packing Manager to join a market leading food manufacturer, created due to a recent restructure within the business. The business will also consider either a strong Production Manager or Engineering Manager with experience in a packing environment. The role involves interacting with a range of internal and external contacts including packaging suppliers, planning, purchasing, marketing H&S and production.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with marketing to agree scope and detail for each co-packing operation
- Liaise with Procurement, Suppliers and Group Packaging, as appropriate, to obtain samples, costings and define packaging structure and layout
- Organise first production for any new operation to be attended and checked by supervision.
- Work closely with the relevant departments to ensure that all operations meet with company and regulatory standards, including packaging materials purchased
- Participate in audits and ensure annual audits are carried out for all areas of responsibility.
- Dealing with work related problems, accidents investigations & liaising with Health & Safety
- Staff level control and staff level adjustment, liaising with HR Department
- Organisation of training progress in order to create multi skilled operators
- Planning R+D work with Operations Manager & Engineering Manager
- Liaising with HOD – Packing Fitters to ensure planned work, schedules and R&D work is met
- Monitoring packing totals proposed and actual. Checking daily packing reports for poor performances and differences between shifts
- Degree or equivalent in Food or related discipline – desirable
- A strong background working in the food or drinks industry
- Experience in a Packing role at a senior level
- Experience working with Packing machinery and systems
- Project management skills
Apply for ENGINEERING PACKING MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly