Refresco is the leading European bottler of soft drinks and fruit juices for retailers and branded players.
Refresco is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and employs circa 4,100 staff.
Refresco UK based Bridgwater , Somerset, UK employs 850 people and we run four factories producing circa 700 million litres per annum, our target is a billion litres. We work with retailers including Tesco & ASDA to produce their private labels and branded customers such as Innocent Smoothies and Ocean Spray.
About the Role
Reporting to the New Product Development Manager this role works within the Refresco Commercial Team and is primarily focused to support our key account client in the UK, working with the client to deliver product development solutions against product briefs and to undertake specific research and innovation projects.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills which allow you to constantly communicate with your key account customer and working cross - functionally in the Refresco team. The New Product Development (NPD) team work closely with marketing, purchasing and technical.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with customers and manage expectations of the customer on all NPD projects and timelines;
- Ensure that all samples produced for assessment internally and externally are safe for consumption and made in a hygienic manner, in accordance with the companies guidelines on good manufacturing practice (GMP);
- Understand and apply the company’s procedure on product development;
- Develop products against allocated project briefs;
- Ensure raw materials are utilized which are technically acceptable for current processes; are readily available; are cost effective; are authentic; are chemically and micro biologically safe and are sourced from acceptable suppliers;
- Present product samples to customers with the required supporting data;
- Ensure new product formulations comply with current legal requirements and relevant codes of practice;
- Liaise with relevant site personnel prior to product launches to ensure technical information is given to generate formulations, data sheets and specifications;
- Initiate pre-production development trials if the product has special technical properties or if demanded by the customer.
- Attend and assist in pre-production trials and new product launches;
- Organise necessary sensory evaluation panels to support product development and general issues of company quality assessment;
- To advise new ideas which can be added to the innovation list;
- To maintain and report current development systems, ensuring that the information is available and up to date at all times;
- Advise on new ideas which can be added to the innovation list;
- Support and deputise for the NPD Manager as required during audits and with technical development.
The successful candidate requires:
- A food or science based degree (or equivalent);
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the food & drinks industry sector (dairy experience would be welcomed too);
- Experience of managing projects from inception and development through to implementation often with very pressing timescales;
- Experience of new product development including arranging and facilitating taste tests;
- Experience of building, maintaining, key account client relationships as this role is responsible for new product development with our largest client;
- A passion for food & drink!
- Flexibility, because the role will require travel and some overnight stays depending on client needs;
- Strong communication skills including confidence to deliver presentations;
- Good IT skills in particular MS Office.