VP Marketing EMEA
VP Marketing EMEA – Interim (6-9 months)
Are you an experienced marketing leader with a passion for driving high performance through the power of people? If so we would like to hear from you
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
The VP Marketing EMEA is a member of the EMEA Operating Committee and reports into the President EMEA. The role holder acts as the EMEA representative in the Global Marketing Leadership (GML) group and influences global strategy. The role holder is also a key member of the EMEA Consumer Leadership team working alongside the Heads of Markets to drive the Consumer division growth and performance.
- Responsible for EMEA marketing strategy and all category strategies (including: Herbs, Spices and Seasonings; Sweet and Mustards) for implementation across EMEA to ensure profitable growth and market share gain.
- Lead and drive the development and execution of aligned EMEA marketing plans, by central and local marketing functions with strong collaboration with Country Market Heads.
- Provide functional leadership to the EMEA marketing group (central and country marketing teams) to establish and drive European priorities.
- Provide senior marketing expertise as a member of the EMEA Operating Committee.
- Drive our innovation programmes (including product and digital) to increase percentage NSV from innovation in line with industry standards.
- Maximise and balance the contribution of the efficiencies and functional excellence of a central marketing team with the flexibility and specificities required in local markets.
- Ensure execution excellence in 360 campaigns through the line that provide a reason to believe our ‘Passion for Flavour’ and create a simple path to purchase.
- Primary management of relationship with strategic marketing partner agencies (advertising, research etc).
- Identify and contribute to development of EMEA marketing talent ensuring achievement of EMEA succession plan goals and targets.
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline (Marketing, Business)
- Strong, rounded marketer with commercial background and considerable experience of working with Food/FMCG manufacturers
- Experience in leading a best in class marketing function operating a centralised model with country-led execution
- Track record of delivering growth in market share
- Experienced in delivering successful innovation, through the line marketing execution, digital strategy that works and developing consumer-led insight to influence category management strategy and product development
- Experience to anticipate, drive and manage change programmes including people and organisation
- Background of working with complex manufacturing or supply chain operations
- Experience of working in a global, matrix organisation
- Proven success in effective leadership through others
- Demonstrates clear progressive career growth with the potential to take on further responsibility in the medium to long term
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.3 billion in annual sales in 2015, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 26 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 3,600 employees, the company has operations in 14 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.