SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR
Supply Chain Director
Food Manufacturing / FMCG
Location: Sussex, South East England
Competitive Salary + Bonus
This leading manufacturer produce both brand and own label products, sold both chilled and ambient to the retail, wholesale and foodservice sectors. They have ambitious growth plans over the next couple of years, and now require an experienced Supply Chain Director to manage the entire UK supply chain.
This is a management team position, with a complex supply chain across multiple streams, several countries and storage locations.
The successful candidate will have experience managing the end to end supply chain within the food industry. You must be a hands on, people manage with strong knowledge of the UK retailers.
- To contribute to the development of new business opportunities and evaluate the financial viability of specific business proposals.
- To Manage all internal and Third Party operations to deliver the smooth running and constant improvement of the supply chain, in order to deliver the best service level to customers at the best possible cost
- Ensure all local replenishment requirements are met
- To Manage Logistics costs within budgetary parameters, best cost and optimum stock levels
- Accountable for Demand planning and Supply Planning to ensure deliver against customers expectation, while mitigating any risks taking into account the commercial environment
- To Ensure UK follows central S&OP and Demand planning meeting cycles and submissions
- To Identify and initiate improvements, in conjunction with the Commercial team, relating to our customers to drive efficiency and performance in the Supply Chain
- To Control the performance of all Logistic service providers within agreed KPI levels and to take appropriate corrective action for under-performance.
- To ensure implementation of the QA-strategy, quality control and quality assurance, in line with legislation and company rules (auditing and evaluations), resulting in compliance.
- Consumer services – complaint handling and response to consumer enquiries
- Co-ordinates the handling of substantial crises, including the co-ordination of communication internal and externally.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Degree education
- Highly numerate & Commercially aware
- Experience in FMCG supply chain – chilled and ambient
- Broad general management experience would be beneficial
- Knowledge of end to end supply chain
- Recent experience of S & OP process
- Working knowledge of SAP would be highly desirable
- Strategic Thinking Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Skills to manage issues and crisis
- Change management skills