Position: Senior Flavourist
Based: Haddenham, Bucks
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Do you have experience in Seasonings and Flavours? If so, we would like to hear from you.
Reporting to the NPD Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the EMEA seasonings business for EMEA Industrial business, playing a significant part in driving margin improvements in the 3 year strategic plan. This position will have high visibility with the customer up to regional Board level and the outputs will drive the development scorecard, achieving green status.
- Initiate and drive forward briefs/development at flavour and ingredient suppliers to deliver winning savoury seasoning designs. Lead the management of key suppliers from an R&D point of view giving actionable, objective feedback developing our supplier base working toward increased growth for both McCormick and chosen suppliers.
- Develop and optimise seasonings, and cost reduce seasoning systems, proactively and /or in response to briefs and allocated projects, working autonomously.
- Project management of major projects to European zone.
- Manage projects, ensuring that the appropriate cross-functional resources (sensory, research, regulatory, commercial, consumer insights, technical services, production and QC) are allocated and co-ordinated to achieve the customer brief to agreed cost and time targets.
- Use sound commercial and technical awareness of our ingredients, processes and customer requirements to deliver ‘right first time’ from scale up in the customer’s factory ensuring a flawless launch in customer plants.
- Key contact for customer’s divisional team.
- Ownership for briefing to the Sensory Group and reporting results to the customer of any sensory or consumer based validation tests that relate to projects undertaken.
- Mentor junior team members with respect to lab protocol and technical understanding.
- Maintain company standards for administration, Health & Safety, GMP and housekeeping in the work environment
- Graduate in Food related subject
- Proven creative seasoning development experience
- Project management skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Proven track record of creativity
- Ability to build excellent customer relationships at all levels
- Commercial knowledge and how it impacts the business
- Ability to discuss and move forward ideas
- Knowledge of tariffs and trade duties within the EMEA countries
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to supervise the work of a team
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 3,800 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.
Apply for Senior Flavourist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly