5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Hygiene Manager – Food Manufacturing
Salary - £30000 - £35000 DOE
Location – North West
This role is working for a food manufacturer that supplies a wide range of bakery products into the major retailers. As a hygiene manager you are to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Hygiene department whilst meeting all legal and Company requirements for employee health & safety and food safety to ensure that the bakery meets both internal and external audit compliance (specifically AIB, BRC and HACCP systems and internal cleaning schedules). This is a perfect opportunity for an individual who has serious ambitions to progress their career in food hygiene.
- Ensure plant and personnel conform to health & safety legislation, policies and standards, initiating any required action so that the site is healthy and safe and free from accidents.
- Recruit, motivate and develop the hygiene team to ensure they achieve the goals and targets agreed in their role profiles and performance review meetings.
- Develop revenue and capital budgets and manage expenditure to ensure that budget targets are achieved.
- Develop and manage the implementation of a plant maintenance and improvement programme to increase bakery efficiency and meet performance criteria.
- In conjunction with the Centre Food Safety team to manage the implementation and adherance to food safety and hygiene systems at bakery. To implement good food safety strategies and complaint reduction strategies. With their team to manage the Bakery’s BRC/AIB systems and implementation and maintenance of HACCP and legionella systems.
- Ensure that potential hazards are analyzed and preventative measures are actioned to reduce the risk of harm to customers.
- Ensure that raw materials and wrapping materials, including bulk deliveries are ordered from approved supplies, received and stored safely and securely until required by production and accounted for by means of accurate weekly stocktaking.
- Ensuring that the fabric of the building is maintained to a safe and hygienic standard and to monitor on a regular basis and implement measures as per agreed programme.
- H&S/Food Safety systems & legislation knowledge e.g. Advanced Food Hygiene, COSHH & IOSH Managing Safely – able to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensures team’s outputs meet required quality standards/aware of CCPs/acts as gatekeeper for the Company’s hygiene standards.
- IT and PC knowledge – able to use widespread functions within relevant software (inc. Office, SAP and Shire).
- Knowledge and experience of bread making process, plant & technology.
- HR policies – has a broad working knowledge of HR policies and standards and the law in relation to the employment of people (eg. recruitment, induction, probation, training and development, appraisal, absence, discipline, grievance, etc.)
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Time & project management skills
- Decision making skills
- Management & leadership skills
How to Apply
Please e-mail your CV, including salary details in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call James Bowers on 0333 323 2000
Apply for Hygiene Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly