Process Technologist, Food Manufacturing, Lancashire
Our client is looking to expand their team by taking on two Process Technologists one to work on the desserts area of the business and the other on celebration cakes.
Our client is the number one cake and dessert supplier to Marks & Spencer's and the fourth biggest player in the total UK cakes and desserts industry. As a business they supply Sainsbury's, Tesco, Co-op, discounters and most of the major UK players.
These roles are working at their Oldham site in Lancashire which is mainly focused on M&S and has a very broad portfolio of technologies, sub categories and processes including ambient cakes and chilled desserts. The site is of major strategic importance to M&S as the producer of iconic Celebration, Christmas, and Seasonal cakes and desserts. Innovation is the lifeblood of this site.
The role will involve supporting the NPD Team within the development process to ensure smooth transition from bench into factory trial and through to product launch. You will oversee production trials, working closely with the NPD and Manufacturing teams to validate recipes, processes with both new and existing products.
To apply you must have the following:
- Degree in Food or industry experience within a Process Technologist role
- Past experience in working with retail or food service customers on projects
- Computer literacy, MS Word and Excel
- Good communication skills including verbal and written English
- Good organisational skill
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm
- Passion for food
Please get in touch if you are interested as our client would like to interview candidates asap.
REF. NCM13548 By Nicole Moloney
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778