Salary £35,000- £45,000
Butlers Farmhouse Cheeses is a leading Specialty Farmhouse Cheesemaker and we are proud that our cheeses are found in the best retailers, restaurants and specialty outlets across the country. We are an energetic, effective team that encourages personal responsibility and ownership with a great respect for our family values. Our aim is to train you so as you could work anywhere in the industry but provide such a rewarding career you won’t want to leave
This is a production facing role responsible for the safety, quality and legality of all products and processes within the remit of the role. Tasks include:
- Providing management information on key results and issues.
- Ensure technical systems are in place to manage product quality and safety from goods in through to dispatch.
- Supporting the NPD team with production trials and writing specifications.
- Auditing suppliers.
- Control, maintain and develop product specifications, due diligence systems and raw material data.
- Managing compliance to BRC standard and major retailer’s codes of practice.
- Risk assessing all new products and packaging and ensuring technical and legal compliance.
- Supporting the operations manager to ensure HACCP principles are followed.
- Responsible for the safety, quality and legality of all products and processes within the remit of the role.
Skills / Experience:
- Proven success in a similar technical role within the food industry holding a food science qualification preferably to degree level.
- Experience/qualification in food safety tools such as HACCP, risk assessment or crisis management.
- Experience of managing internal and major retailers external audit processes and requirements.
- Proven track record of supplier management.
- Experience and knowledge of BRC.
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly