6 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Greencore Group plc is a leading convenience food business with an annual turnover in excess of £1.2 billion. Operating 16 high-quality convenience food manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom and a further 7 in the United States, we employ more than 11,000 people providing a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods to major retail and food service customers in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Greencore Food to Go is the UK's leading sandwich manufacturer. It also produces prepared salads and sushi out of its six state-of-the-art facilities in Manton Wood, Nottinghamshire; Northampton, Bow and Park Royal in London, Crosby in Merseyside as well as Spalding in Lincolnshire. Greencore produces more than 400 million sandwiches each year and supplies food to go products to the majority of the UK's retailers.
Greencore Food to Go Northampton is undergoing unprecedented growth with over £30 Million invested in our site. The end result of this is that we're doubling capacity of one of our three factories and are in the final stages of building a fourth to open this year. Greencore always look to put people at the core, and at Northampton our Learning and Development team have delivered well over 30,000 hours of training in the past year alone. We offer a clear and well defined career path and will actively look at how we can enable our colleagues to push themselves forward.
We're looking for a talented accountant or analyst to join our operations finance team. This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate or newly qualified individual who would like to develop their analytical skills further.
As an Operations Analyst you'll be responsible for assisting the operations team by providing data and insight to allow them to make the right decisions. Key responsibilities include;
- Producing, communicating and distributing accurate daily Business Unit KPI and other key data reports and information
- Producing reports such as labour and material variance analysis
- Enabling the team to make decisions and changes based on fact and insight
- Provide support in making changes to improve factory costs
- Face to face contact through scheduled meetings and adhoc opportunities both in meeting rooms and in the factory directly
- Responsibility for ensuring that our ERP system TROPOS is accurate
- Working in combination with the New Product Development team and the wider Operations teams to ensure that TROPOS builds are accurate
You'll also help to support with the wider financial teams, responsibilities including:
- The month end process
- Production of the month end Operations packs
- Preparation of monthly MD reports
- Annual Budget and quarterly Forecasting process for factory performance and Operations overheads
Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills and comfortable in presenting information to all levels
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to review data, spot trends and produce detailed reports on findings
- Advanced Excel skills
- A basic understanding of management accounting
- Previous experience of the manufacturing environment would be an advantage